Saturday 24 May 2008

I Need A Workable Name

My brain has drained, and there is no creative juice left!!!

As the post below I have been wittering on about the PLAN.


Now because of some of the brillaint ideas coming forward, I have ended up confusing myself and others, on the set-up of ....

So I think I have finally K.I.S.S'ed it (Keep It Simple Stupid!)

I've managed to find a reasonable HOST, and I have shot an e-mail to see if I can get some sort of deal in the future.

Now the thing is, because of the KISS principle, it won't offer everything that we want straight from the beginning. (But that doesn't mean that we don't have the vision to get what we want in the future!)

Some of the great feature put forward so far are:

A one stop place to showcase ALL crafters shops (unfortunately we can't offer a place to make your own shops at the moment - but this is being looking into - in fact this very minute!)

A shop of the week.

Demonstrations - hopefully video and picture demonstrations.

Profile pages - come and meet the crafters.

Swop Shop - this is a crafters only area, if you have something you would like to swop come and post it and see what others will give you in return.

And finally but not leastly an E-Mag - hopefully monthly by those that use the site. (Voluntary contributions folks - don't feel pressured)


I know this is far away from the original plan, but the costs were literally out of this world to set up so that we could get individual stores under one roof.
I am trying to get some sort of deal forward - so a case of wait and see on that one.

I'm also aware that some people may not be interested because of forums etc, but I hope you will give us a go when we get up and running.......

Anyway I seem to have gone of the path that I wanted to write about...

I need a name for this site, so this is were you come into it..

Can you think of anything that would be suitable/

Leave a comment if you can.

And don't forget, this is about those that love crafting and hopefully geared towards a fair deal to those that want to sell and buy.

Thanks for reading

3 comments:

Classroomfree said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what names people come up with :o)

Anonymous said...

So am I ! :o)

Jo Nevill said...

Looks like a terrific idea, by the way !